About Me

Blog Archive

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Weird

I have been a personal care attendant for several months now and can't find sufficient hours. All I have is ten hours a week. I've been out to a couple other places to interview with clients. One client was the one who's wife spoke for him because he was bedridden. " Do you know how to change diapers on 160 pound man?" she asked me. " I could learn real easy." I replied back. " "I'm sorry, I need someone with experience. " The woman looked very sad that she was not finding anyone qualified to take care of her husband. I was o.k with her reasoning not to hire me. I grew frustrated with the company I work for and I haven't called them for work in several months. It makes me angry that they aren't looking out for me. A couple of days ago, I was reading the paper and this article caught my attention. There was story of this woman who killed her husband because she was too stressed out to take care of him. This was the same lady that had interviewed me. I felt a little angry and sad that she wouldn't have trained me. Her husband would have been alive today and she would not be facing murder charges. I'm not sure if God is trying to show me something here. It really shocked me to hear this. Here is just a face in the news about some man that I never saw, who I was supposed to work for. I wonder if the outcome would have been different if she had hired me.

1 comment:

  1. I wish you the best of luck Dave, I'm sure you will make it with your music, your playing is phenomenal. I will definitely buy your CD soon.

    btw, I always like reading your signs on 24th street, keep it up

    ReplyDelete