About Me

Blog Archive

Friday, April 10, 2009

The essence of freedom

I have always been a fan of free speech. If I don't agree with someone I would still want them to have the right to say what they want, even if they really make me angry. This freedom is the essence of liberty. If you are not allowed to open your mouth and say what you feel, then you are no longer a free person. I would fight for anyone's right to speak their mind whether they are white supremacists or any other group I cannot stand. Everyone has a right to hate somebody. It may not be godly or right, but in order to have what we want, and to keep it intact, we have to honor everyone else. Our own right to speak is kept intact by other people's right to say what they want to. When you take someone's freedom away, they might retaliate viciously, when their party is in office. The most beautiful part of freedom is the ability to say what you want to without fear. Judges make rules from time to time that dictate what words we are allowed to use. I don't care what anyone says as long as they don't physically harm others. Words are the fruit of belief and if you are not allowed to say what you want to, you're beliefs are persecuted too. The Right Wing is getting a dose of their own medicine now and they hate it. Now they are under attack for speaking out and I don't think this is right either. There is more than enough hatred to go around and no one is profiting from it but Bayer Aspirin and Tylenol. I personally make an effort not to be offended by other people. Sometimes I fail, but I do want to keep free speech intact. I wish you the best as well. Make God set you free from your fear and anger. I hope you get to feel his peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment