About Me

Blog Archive

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Everyone needs a jerk in their life

I often prefer friends who anger me from time to time. Though I get angry, it helps me to see where I am living wrong. Offending me can be ugly but if you are in the right, I will tell you so, as soon as I calm down. You can not sharpen iron without a coarse stone, something to scrape it. If you want to stay sharp in Christ , you need to be scraped(rebuked, corrected and trained in righteousness).


2 Timothy 3:15-17 (King James Version)

15And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

16All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

17That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.


My feelings have been hurt many times over the years when people point out my faults, but without these moments I never would have grown. Jerks are just like a root canals. Nobody likes them much,but you need them sometimes. If you don't have difficult people in your life your patience will be very low. Some people are hard on you because they care about you. If your friends always makes you happy, you might fall off a cliff someday into some pit of deep woe. You need people to lead and follow and people to frustrate you till it's maddening sometimes. This develops character: Romans 5 (New King James Version)

Romans 5
Faith Triumphs in Trouble
1 Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have[a] peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, 2 through whom also we have access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God. 3 And not only that, but we also glory in tribulations, knowing that tribulation produces perseverance; 4 and perseverance, character; and character, hope. 5 Now hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment