About Me

Blog Archive

Monday, April 27, 2009

Motives

Everyone has motives, no matter how hard they deny it. If you put two men side by side, who are just as sweet and just as good looking, a woman will take the one with the most money. If women are all about security, they may not stay with their husband if he loses all his money. Money is the leading cause of divorce. Some rather shallow people will pick a lover only because they are beautiful. If this is the case, what happens when they get old? Some people are kind just to get the approval of others. What happens when there is no one around to see their generosity? They're more than likely, no longer generous. The guy who has all the parties, everyone loves this guy. Will people stick around if for some reason he doesn't do parties anymore? I have motives about things and it does upset me. I actually care that I do have motives. If your honest, most people would love to hang out with beautiful people than people who are not blessed with good looks. I think sometimes I am rather shallow in this area too. I need God to help me with this. Will we always be shallow? There are truths that are very painful. Someone is probably thinking, "David stop generalizing!!" I observe that men will stay around longer at a party if there are good looking women there. People hate it when I talk about this? Why don't you see many hideous looking people at parties. Most of the time they are not invited. If an unattractive person is invited to a party, it is because he is able to make a party fun. I have lost confidence in the idea that we are thoughtful people. I'm pretty thoughtless sometimes. I don't want to be, but I am. The truth of human nature scarcely changes when you are Christian. There are changes, but some of it is more pretending than sincerity. We pretend with the hope that things will change. Sometimes this makes me cynical about Christianity. Can we really be righteous? Can our hearts be totally sincere? I feel hopeless in these moments of my wondering and it really makes me doubt God. My heart tells me differently that there is a God.

1 comment:

  1. "Can we really be righteous? Can our hearts be totally sincere?"

    I've never felt totally sincere about my prayers, because I know I'm going to sin again, in some way. Or at least I'm going to feel really torn by temptation. As long as we're on this earth, we will never be sinless. All we can do is pray to God to keep reminding us that there IS another land where we won't sin against each other. Even if I don't make it there, I believe with all my heart that there is a place where we can be the Christians we were always meant to be.

    ReplyDelete