About Me

Blog Archive

Friday, April 24, 2009

Vanity

The things that we deem the most important often don't amount to anything. Some people spend all their energy on being beautiful. This is vain and a form of self worship.  These are the ones who make themselves a God. I know that sin is sin, but this might be the most worthless form of worship. Narcissism makes you empty of any value to the world. It takes your soul away. If you're always worshipping your appearance, how can you  grow in maturity or spirituality? Everyone looks forward to some event. They spend a thousand dollars for it and years later they barely remember it. I love football. I waste a lot of time talking about it. I get upset if my team loses and doesn't get a decent bowl game and at the end of the year I forget about it. It doesn't matter anymore. We worry so much about being popular, and then we find out that one day a Homecoming Queen will die old and lonely. We all chase after the wind, even if it isn't even windy. Nothing on this Earth will be as important as your judgement from God. I don't have any friends from when I was a kid. People move on and they move further and further away. God is the best friend you'll ever have. He loves you whether you are ugly as a pug dog or as beautiful as a sunny day, and he never leaves you. I promise you that most of life is truly worthless. You don't have to worship your self any more there is a God who really, really LOVES YOU!!, so much more than you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment